March 31st – April 2nd
Do you remember last year when we had a scary, crazy blizzard on April 2? We don’t know the exact strength of the storm, but we’re pretty sure it exceeded 70 mph – because it blew ‘Jersey’ off her sign perch – and she had been up there since the 1960’s!
We had a lot of fun (and a lot of work) over the two weeks after her fall from the sign, getting Jersey repaired, and then the ceremony of putting her back on her perch where she belongs. It became a news story that a lot of folks followed, even out of state.
We decided to celebrate the one year anniversary of ‘Jersey’ by reposting some of the pictures and events from last year on our Facebook and Instagram page, posting some pictures and videos we did not use last year and retelling the story of ‘Jersey’ falling off her sign.
We’re also putting all milkshakes on sale this weekend at both restaurants – all milkshakes are $1.50 off Fri-Sun Mar 31-Apr 2. In case you don’t get it – the fall shook Jersey (and her milk) up – hence a milkshake sale! Yes, we know that’s cheesy – but what do you expect from a place that calls its large milkshake a Bullshake?
Visit Young’s Facebook page the week leading up to the ‘Down Goes Jersey’ weekend, and then visit Young’s for a good deal on a milkshake – and say hello to Jersey while you are here!
- Easter Sunday, April 16th @ 2:00pm As is our tradition, we will hard boil and dye over 7,000 eggs for our Easter Egg Hunt.
- Sunday May 14th Take your mother out to a delicious buffet at The Golden Jersey Inn this year. We’ll even clean up the dishes.
- May 25th-29th Celebrate Memorial Day with us. You show up, we’ll supply the fun.
- June 5th – 11th Taste, enjoy & learn about Young’s Farmstead Cheese
- June 18th Take care of your dad this Father’s Day. Take him to The Golden Jersey Inn for a great meal (without doing the dishes).