What Young’s Farmstead Varieties Are Available?
We produce many flavors of Fresh Jersey Cheddar Curds — some call them squeakers. Fresh cheddar cheese curds are just cheese curds that haven’t been aged. Fresh Cheddar Curds are good on salads, on pizzas, Panini sandwiches, in omelets, in soups or just for a snack. We make White Cheddar, Garlic, Cajun, Italian, Sweet Basil Garlic, Cheddar Ranch, & Dill Cheddar Curds fresh each week.
Our best selling Fresh Cheddar Curds is hand breaded, deep fried and served in both restaurants as a side choice or an appetizer! We offer regular, buffalo style and sweet chili style.
We make the best-known snacking cheeses – Colby, Gouda and Pepper Jack. These are good, everyday cheeses that go well with crackers, on sandwiches, or just by themselves. These cheeses are ready to eat within a few weeks after being made.
Gold Medal winning Baby Swiss cheese is another variety we produce – available regular and natural wood smoked. (we won two gold medals at the North American Jersey Cheese Awards in the summer of 2011 – for our Baby Swiss and our Natural Wood Smoked Cheddar Cheese).
See our video (in two parts) about how we make our Baby Swiss Cheese:
Young’s Farmstead Cheddar cheese comes in many forms. It all starts out the same as a fresh cheddar curd. The process of ageing the cheese creates different flavors and textures – there is likely a cheddar that matches your taste buds!
- Jersey Girl Cheddar – our youngest cheddar at 100-150 days. Delicious and mild.
- Red Barn Cheddar — a medium cheddar cheese 150-200 days old good for eating by itself, on sandwiches and with your favorite wine.
- Toreador’s Aged Cheddar is aged cheddar 250-400 days old. It is very good on salads and your favorite wine.
- Young’s Classic 2-Year plus Cheddar imparts even more of that distinct cheddar flavor. It’s still creamy because it is made from fresh Jersey milk – a little more cream in the milk makes for a creamier cheese. This cheese is aged over 720 days. It is great for pairing with stronger red wines, salads and cooking.
Gold Medal winning Natural Wood Smoked Cheddar – we naturally smoke our cheddar cheese – you can tell the difference. A distinct taste great on omelets and sandwiches.
Exciting New Flavors
- Maplewood Smoked Gouda
- Beer Barrel Smoked Cheddar
- Bourbon Oak Smoked Aged Cheddar
All varieties of Young’s Farmstead Cheese are available at the Farmstead Cheese Shop located in The Dairy Store. Most varieties are also in the display case located at the checkout area in The Golden Jersey Inn.
- May 24th-28th, 2018 Celebrate Memorial Day with us. You show up, we’ll supply the fun.
- June 4th–10th, 2018 Taste, enjoy & learn about Young’s Farmstead Cheese
- June 17th, 2018 Take care of your dad this Father’s Day. Take him to The Golden Jersey Inn for a great meal (without doing the dishes).
- June 29th - July 5th, 2018 Take advantage of a special value wristband good for all day, unlimited family fun at Young’s this Independence Day Week.
- July 14th & 15th, 2018 Join us for the Annual Young’s Charity Bike Tour. There are one and two day ride options.