What Young’s Farmstead Varieties Are Available?
We produce many flavors of Fresh Jersey Cheddar Curds — some call them squeakers. Fresh cheddar cheese curds are just cheese curds that haven’t been aged. Fresh Cheddar Curds are good on salads, on pizzas, Panini sandwiches, omelets, in soups or just for a snack. We make White Cheddar, Garlic, Cajun, Italian, Habanero, Cheddar Ranch, & Dill Cheddar Curds fresh each week.
Our best selling Fresh Cheddar Curds is hand breaded, deep fried and served in both restaurants as a side choice or an appetizer! We offer regular, buffalo style and sweet chili style
We make the best-known snacking cheeses – Colby, Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack. These are good, everyday cheeses that go well with crackers, on sandwiches, or just by themselves. These cheeses are ready to eat within a few weeks after being made. And beginning in June, 2015 we’ll have Gouda!
Gold Medal winning Baby Swiss cheese is another variety we produce – available regular and natural wood smoked. (we won two gold medals at the North American Jersey Cheese Awards in the summer of 2011 – for our Baby Swiss and our Natural Wood Smoked Cheddar Cheese).
See our video (in two parts) about how we make our Baby Swiss Cheese:
Young’s Farmstead Cheddar cheese comes in many forms. It all starts out the same as a fresh cheddar curd. The process of ageing the cheese creates different flavors and textures – there is likely a cheddar that matches your taste buds!
- Jersey Girl Cheddar – our youngest cheddar at 100-150 days. Delicious and mild.
- Red Barn Cheddar — a medium cheddar cheese 150-200 days old good for eating by itself, on sandwiches and with your favorite wine.
- Toreador’s Aged Cheddar is aged cheddar 250-400 days old. It is very good on salads and your favorite wine.
- Young’s Classic 2-Year plus Cheddar imparts even more of that distinct cheddar flavor. It’s still creamy because it is made from fresh Jersey milk – a little more cream in the milk makes for a creamier cheese. This cheese is aged over 720 days. It is great for pairing with stronger red wines, salads and cooking.
- Gold Medal winning Natural Wood Smoked Cheddar – we naturally smoke our cheddar cheese – you can tell the difference. A distinct taste great on omelets and sandwiches.
All varieties of Young’s Farmstead Cheese are available at the Farmstead Cheese Shop located in The Dairy Store. Most varieties are also in the display case located at the checkout area in The Golden Jersey Inn.
- August 6th - October 30th Cowvin, the baby of the Cow Family, has created a fun maze at Young’s Jersey Dairy – come see if you can conquer it!
- Every Day Starting September 17th This year we planted more pumpkins and more varieties than ever before. We have 30 acres of pumpkin fun to enjoy with one of the best looking crops we’ve seen.
- September 24th - 9am-4pm The Annual Bob Pool “Orphan” Vehicle show will be held at Young’s Jersey Dairy this year
- October 1st & 2nd Don’t miss our biggest event of the year. All kind of pumpkin treats & family fun await you at our Fall Farm Pumpkin Festival
- October 8th Sponsored by Clark Co Retired Teachers – The money raised goes to update the school, busing students whose school can’t afford & furnish clothing from period for student’s living history day.